PAGES

Monday, February 28, 2011

GT - Mike Bibby, contract bought out and back to the market


Mike Bibby's contract being bought out says a lot about him as a player... But the 2010/11 NBA thing now a days is to "give up the money for a contender team"... Would have been nice if it was 2009 right? Or 2007? Or whatever the hell year star players started joining in big market teams... He could have stood out in the headlines if that was the case...


Now, lets not talk about why he got traded in the first place because that still baffles me why it happened... Lets talk about his options now since he is back in the market...



Since I am Lebron fan which makes me a Heat fan as well, the obvious place where my opinion will take Bibby is Miami... I am not sure about that... Adding another assist man in the Miami group will sound just redundant... But in hindsight, I wouldn't mind stacking him in Miami as well... Conflicting? For me its confusing but lets move on...

Now the next rumor teams that will take Bibby are Boston, Denver and Portland... With Rondo in Boston, for sure he will be a back up point and a replacement for the traded Nate... That looks like a Michael Finley situation all over again... Well, just to explain, Finley moved to the Spurs start of the 09/10 campaign and then moved to Boston to be benched and we all know what the reason for that is, right?... It doesn't sound good of a deal in Boston but this is just based on what I have seen lately there... 

Now in Denver, its going to be a different situation there since I think they are trying to re-fit the lineup into the Karl system so I am not sure... With Raymond Felton having a good season with the Knicks before being traded, he looks to be a front runner in leading the team in Denver which makes Bibby another back up or they might experiment a combo guard lineup which I doubt...

Lastly, taking Bibby to Portland is like the Felton in Denver as well... Andre Miller is still there playing and your fighting minutes with him for sure...

Bibby had a good fit in Atlanta but management thinks differently or maybe it was Bibby tired of being stopped in second rounds but in any case his situation doesn't bode a lot...

When I saw the articles, it got me excited... I don't know why but maybe because of the prospect... But breaking it down, It got me thinking...

So what do you think is best for Bibby after his contract buyout?

SUPPORT MY BLOG BY CHECKING AMAZON.COM


No comments:

Post a Comment